Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fitness Routine

Hi blogees. I thought I would do a post on my fitness routine and how I keep myself in shape. Most of you probably do not know that I run track. I run the 200 meter dash, 400 meter dash, and I also do pole vault. Track season is in the spring-early summer so how do I keep in shape during the fall and winter? Well, I'm going to share with you right now!
To the right is my shoes. They are the BROOKS Adrenaline GTS 11. I bought
them for $99.99 at FinishLine. Beside them I have my under armor socks that I bought t
oday. They are supposed to flick away the sweat from your foot preventing blisters & such. Pretty coo
l, eh?
Well anyway, back to my 'fitness routine.' Every week I run a minimum of 2.5 miles. On Mondays and Fridays I go to the gym and run 10 laps each time that I go. At the gym I go to, their track is 200 meters. 1600 meters = 1 mile. Which means 8 laps around that track would equal 1 mile. Since I'm running 10 laps it would equal 1.25 miles. Since I run 10 laps twice a week that means I run 2.5 miles. (Hopefully that made sense, ha ha) And addition to those laps I also take a speed and agility class at my gym.
The speed and agility class is once a week for one hour. They basically have you running different courses the whole time. In one of the courses there is two cones. You doing pushups until the coach says "go." Right when he says go you have to jump into your running stance and sprint to the first cone, then you turn completely around (sounds harder than it seems, Isometimes slip when I do this XD) then you run back, turn around, then sprint as hard as you can to the last cone. Now, you are racing with other people too. :)
So the speed and agility class really keeps my heart working. That course was only one of the many.. :)
I thought I might as well throw in how I keep in shape during the summer. I have an in-ground pool in my backyard, so I basically swim every day. I have been swimming since I was about three years old. Swimming works so many things- your arms, legs, abs, breathing, SO MUCH! So that is a really, really good way to get some exercise!
So that is basically it! I hope this helped you! May you all have a happy week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment